Monday, April 26, 2010

Tingalayo

Today was a great day for forts!


It is starting to get warm outside, around 90 today, so we are trying to find some fun indoor activities. John is one of those kids that would probably be willing to die of heat stroke if it meant he could play outside, so I have to come up with something interesting to keep him indoors. Today's interesting activity was forts.


We also listened to way too much Raffi. John is very into Tingalayo, which is about a little donkey with a very unusual name :) I was never into Raffi as a kid. In fact, I don't really remember listened to many kid tunes. Josh, on the other hand, knows all the kid stuff. So, John loves Raffi and I have to deal with it. That's ok though because listening to a 2 year old say Tingalayo is worth any price :)


Now, if you are interested in bad ass kids music...Dan Zanes is where it's at!

Also, I started the Tell Your Story art journaling class from the girls at Red Velvet Art! I am so excited that today was the first journal prompt. I finished mine tonight and I love the results. It is supposed to be about A New Season.

Here are the other two pages I have created so far.


I am pretty excited about the results.
I hope everyone had a lovely Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Your boy is so cute! :-) forts were like my very favorite activity when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love making forts! Your journal looks great!!!

    I got your package than you so much for everything!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Hooray! for the Homemade Vegan Baby shirt. That is awesome!
    Second- I wish I was taking that class too. You'll have to post everything about it so that I can live vicariously through your journal. I am happy that you added my envelope to you journal too!
    Ugh- you are just so awesome. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved making forts as a kid! Never did listen to raffi though... and you are so talented! Those pages are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, your new banner is really cute!! And the new layout is pretty awesome! It's so organized and just nice to hang out in ;) That Courtney does a great job! Second, your pages look so detailed and I can tell you are just immersing yourself into the class! I look forward to what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! You sure know how to make a girl feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, I love your journal...I wish I had the time and talent to create one! Enjoy the "fort" making and "Tingalayo" days....they come and go way too quickly. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That class looks like so much fun. I hope you post more pages!

    ReplyDelete