Saturday, July 24, 2010

This week in review

What a nice week it has been. It is hot, humid and slightly cloudy in AZ, so we are trying to make the most of our days inside, as usual. Here is a little glimpse into our week, in no particular order.

John got his first pair of "sceesers" or scissors for those of you who don't speak toddler. He is very proud and is having fun cutting up any paper we will give him or he can steal.
I found a strand of white lights in our shop (an old barn out back) and brought them inside. John fell in love and played until nighttime. I ended up hanging them in our apartment and he calls them the "magic lights."




I know this picture is blurry but to me it just captures his joy at something so simple.

Right after eating the Oreo, but before he started chasing me around the living room with dirty hands. *note - I don't want people to think I am a hypocrite. I don't own a tv, I don't think we ever will. This is the tv in my dad's house, which stays off whenever we are in there during the day.*


The Oreo aftermath!

I found this pool on clearance for $3.99, It has been too hot to play with it outside, since we don't really have shade, so I blew it up and John came out to find it full of blankets and pillows. His dad climbed in too, which annoyed John to no end.


Homemade blueberry and mango popsicles. Yum!

He turned his rocking horse like that and started calling it his skid steer tractor. He worked on the tractor for at least a half hour and spent forever telling me where the bales of hay went in and out.

He is finally in to Legos, which are his dad's favorite toy ever. Our old neighbor gave us that huge box of Duplos and they have been sitting at my moms. I brought them home and they have even replaced his love for tractors this week.
On Thursday it finally got cloudy enough that we were able to play outside for a few hours. You can't really see, but I gave him so old PVC pipe and he was able to reroute the flow of water from the hose. He loved it!

I finished his tractor toy/stuffed thing. I am really happy with how it turned out, but I think next time I will use a more contrasting felt so the embroidery shows up better. John really likes it though, so that is the most important thing.
And in big news for me, I went out for a girls night with Rikki and some of her friends last night. I haven't had a real girls night in at least a year if not longer. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. It is nice to be making friends again. I wish more of my awesome blog friends lived here because then we could hang out and have fun too.
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!! :) You are awesome!!
    Love the tractor plushie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had so much fun too! we will need the boys to drive so we can drink two zombies and get wacky! my friends LOVED you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plushie! You did a great job! : )

    ReplyDelete