Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taking on the V-Con - Week 6



Oh man, this weeks deliciousness was Roasted Portobellos. These babies were perfection and so easy!
Ingredients:
1/2 c. Cooking Wine
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce/Braggs
2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
2 Portobello Caps
Basically you just throw everything together like a marinade. I put my caps in a big pyrex and dumped the marinade on top. Then I put the lid on the pyrex and shook everything around every few minutes.
This is what they looked like after marinating.

The recipe calls for roasting them in the oven, but it is too freaking hot for that right now. We didn't want our ancient stove to heat up the whole kitchen, so Josh took one for the team and grilled them. Actually, he left them in the pyrex, covered them with foil, and then put them on the grill. I think it took about 30 minutes at 400 on our grill. I am not entirely sure though because I was chasing my little guy around the backyard.

When they were finished we had portobello burgers! We added a few toppings and had some delicious corn as a side. Wonderful!

I think this is going to be a recipe that we use a lot over the summer. It was fast, cheap and easy...my three favorite ingredients in any meal :)

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah-this was a prety awesome recipe! I can't to see what we are going to come up with for the next month.
    P.S. I FINALLY bought a case of mangos (they were only a couple bucks for like 12!)so I'm going to redo the quinoa salad. So much good food this summer!

    ReplyDelete