A while ago I posted 25 things that I am thankful for so that when I get down, which happens a bit, I can look and remember. Lately it seems that there have been a whole host of wonderful things happening in my life, so I thought I should take the time to make a new list...I am not going to push for 25, just whatever comes naturally.
1. The meditation class we took gave me new tools to use to fight stress, and hopefully my insomnia.
2. John is just the absolute perfect child for our family.
3. Josh and I have worked through the issues we were having and have grown stronger yet again :)
4. I am becoming the mother that I know I am capable of being
5. I am starting to make new friends who like me for me
6. Adding a rhythm to our week has made life so much less stressful. We always have something to look forward to.
7. Lady Gaga is in like 2 weeks!
8. We are going to be living in our RV in t-minus two years! Amazing!
9. Josh got promoted, already
10. I am taking steps to building a waldorf-inspired homeschool/unschool program for John.
11. My foot is feeling better
12. It is halfway through July, which means summer is that much closer to being over
13. We got reapproved for our insurance, which is HUGE for our family
14. Somehow we always have just enough to make it
15. My family and I are all healthy and happy.
I could go on and on, but these are all pretty important things going on in our lives right now. I am just so grateful for the positivity that seems to have enveloped our home. When I was at the meditation class the teacher told us something pretty insightful. She said that when you are little you feel like the world is all happening for you, everything wonderful is meant just for you. As you get older, you start to feel like the world is happening to you, everything bad just seems to fall your way. I am realizing, and this list helps me remember, that the world isn't happening for me or to me, it is what I make it. I have the power to look at each thing happening in my life and to decide how to react. I am hoping that I will continue to react thankfully and take each obstacle as it comes.
GOALS: (Just a quick list of what needs to be done sooner rather than later)
1. Finish Art Journals for swap
2. Make John's cardboard tractor
3. Help dad/Josh make John's enclosed step stool
4. Sell toys at consignment
5. Take a specific class by this weekend
6. Cut some more blocks and add holes for construction
7. Finish pen pal letters, although they are never really finished because there is always a new one to reply to thank goodness :)
8. Create a book club for some blog friends and I
9. Start my Visionary Mom's Class
10. Create a kitchen play set for John
Wow, this post was long and random as usual.
I hope everyone had a great Tuesday!