Friday, July 16, 2010

Low Cost Gift

I made these shirts for a friend who is having a baby in August. Obviously, everyone knows I don't have much money, so I have to get creative to make nice gifts for a little cash. These three shirts cost about $6.00. I embroidered the F (the baby's name will be Finley) and the fawn. The heart in the center is a batik style from gluw and acrylic paint. I think they turned out so nice and I am happy that I don't have to be embarrassed giving her a crappy gift.

3 comments:

  1. those are awesome!! would love to see how you did the batik stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them!! they are so adorable! I know your friends will just love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do a tutorial on the embroidery...I have a pattern that I've been wanting to use (for FIVE years!) but I couldn't really make pretty stitches.

    ReplyDelete