Friday, June 4, 2010
Obviously I have been talking a lot lately about growing and changing...evolving. Part of this is deciding to be happy and doing what I can to stay that way. I am creating a little list of 25 reasons to be happy. This way, when I am feeling down I can look at my list and see so many reasons to keep smiling. Here is my list :)
1. I have a husband who I am crazy about and who loves me so much right back.
2. I have a little boy who makes me smile all the time. He thinks I am the cat's meow and that is the best feeling ever.
3. My family is full of hugs and laughs
4. I have a place to live and enough food to eat. That is enough
5. I don't have chronic pain anymore
6. I can make and create art whenever I want.
7. I have the freedom to stay at home with my son and see him grow every day
8. I have met some amazing people through my blog, people who like me for no other reason than me being me.
9. I am a vegan and that makes me so happy
10. I have the power to change things that make me unhappy
11. I am making new friends and teaching my son to be comfortable around new people
12. My library is like three miles away, and I can go whenever I want
13. I can visit Josh at work AND get green tea whenever I want
14. I have an awesome garden that is producing beautiful vegetables
15. I am only 29 and I still have so much that I can do
16. It is summertime, which means that John and I could play in the sprinklers 24 hours a day if we wanted to.
17. I am going camping in a few weeks
18. I am going to a meditation class in a few weeks and I am going to learn skills to reduce stress.
19. I have a most awesome set of crafting supplies
20. Music, movies, reading, hot baths...all of these things make me happy
21. I am not embarrassed that I don't go to church anymore
22. My mom is home so we can hang out whenever we want for right now
23. We have excellent health insurance for the first time in a long time
24. Josh lets me sleep in whenever he can
25. I am going to start a new blog feature with some rad chicks.
So many things to be happy about, I just have to make sure that I don't take anything for granted.
Happy Friday! I hope you all have a great weekend :)
Photo found on weheartit.com
Posted by Katie. at 7:48 PM