Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekends always seems so wonderfully crazy

John discovered this hat in all of the garage sale junk (it is fake obviously) and has been wearing it all over the place. He thinks he has a cat on his head :)


Friday night we decided that we better have our long postponed garage sale on Saturday morning. It has either been raining or we have been sick for the last several weekends, so it was time to get rid of some junk. We got up at 4:45 am on Saturday morning.

Now, I realize that most of you do not know me, so you don't realize that this is a big old crapsandwich for me. I dislike getting up early more than just about anything, but I did it, and rather cheerfully.

We had so much stuff that we couldn't even fit it all in the front yard. We had to hold the sale in the back yard which is almost an acre. We didn't fill it all up, but we filled a lot.

The sale was actually a lot of fun and we met some interesting characters, including a lady who thought that there is another world at the center of our earth, which was an interesting theory. We made almost $400 as a family and got rid of everything (after a trip to Goodwill.)



Then, Josh and I had a date night. My dad watched the little man, which was a blast for both of them. They are besties for sure. Josh and I went to an early movie and dinner at Olive Garden. I am not so sure my vegan dinner was really vegan, so I am going to have to do some research before going back, but it was a tasty change. We almost never eat at dinner places like that anymore because it is too hard for me to find things to enjoy.



Today Josh is taking John to church. John has been begging to go see his "friends" which really just means other kids. I have to work on the stuff for John's train birthday party on Monday night. Aaaand we are having dinner with some friends and their kids we haven't seen in ages.



So, a busy weekend with no real pictures to show for it. I am going to have to get better about taking pictures of the randomness that fills day to day life.



I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Did anyone see Alice? How was it? How was Helena Bonham Carter?

1 comment:

  1. i went to see alice in wonderland. i thought helena bonham carter did a good job with her role. i love her!

    ReplyDelete