Monday, March 8, 2010

Revolutionary Road

source: weheartit.com
Josh and I watched Revolutionary Road this weekend. Wow. It was beautiful, tragic, heartbreaking, and wonderful all at the same time. I thought the acting was superb. I am not generally a huge Leonardo DiCaprio fan, but he was so good in this. Kate Winslet was, as always, exactly who she was supposed to be in the role. She just seemed so hopeful and then so hopeless and I identified with her even though I am not at that place in my life. It was such a real portrayal of what a marriage could be like if you let yourself get resentful and lose who you are.
I don't know if I would recommend the movie to everyone. I tend to let movies like this stick with me and bother me for a while after I watch them. I have to really be careful about what I watch because I find myself saddened for days if I watch the wrong movie. It's why I have never watched Brokeback Mountain. I read the book and I was so haunted by what happened. I think it would be awful to watch it come to life on film, even though I think there are so many beautiful things about the story. So, I would say, if you are in the mood for a movie that might be upsetting, but very thought provoking, it might be one to check out.
The movie reminded me why I work every day at my marriage. I am so in love with my husband and I want to stay that way for the rest of my life. I never ever ever want to turn into those people.


Source:weheartit.com

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree~ what an amazing film! The acting was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete