Monday, March 8, 2010

John's 2nd Birthday (the first of three parties)

John is turning two next Monday, but due to our families crazy scheduling we had to have his family party with my family tonight. He is also having a party with his Grandpa on Saturday and one with his Grandmother on Sunday, lucky boy. Since this is the party at our house, this was the one that I got to decorate for. I had the best time making crafty decorations, and it is so exciting because we will be able to use them over and over. When John came in and saw the dining area all decorated he got very excited. I was cooking dinner so I didn't get any pictures of his reaction, Bummer. I did get a lot of other pictures though :)


I made the felt triangle banner in the background. I LOVE the way it turned out and I am thinking of trying to sell them. It didn't cost much, but it is really cute. The box on the left says "John's Birthday Wishes." It is a wooden box that I painted and decoupaged. In it are card stock cards that all of the people at the party wrote birthday wishes on. This way John will have a memory box for years to come with wishes from people he loves over the years. I am very excited about this tradition.

My mom bought him this little wooden train set in Denmark. There is a number two blends in with the wrapping paper. The number can be switched for any birthday year. John hadn't seen it before and he was excited to roll it around on the table.






He is the infamous raccoon cap again. He got the Tonka dump truck from Grammy and Far Far. He was racing it around the living room all night at top speed. I finally had to tell him that if he ran it into another door I would take it away :) Luckily, he is a good listener and he learned to skid to a stop before ramming the door again. He also got a t-ball set from us. He already learned to hit the ball. I am amazed at how coordinated he is because I am seriously lacking in that department.




He loves/adored/obsesses over trains, so I made him a choo choo cake. He knew about it and has been talking about it for three days. I am not a baker or decorator by any means, but he was in love with it and that meant the world to me. Luckily, even though it isn't very pretty it was delicious.


Hooray! John wore the birthday hat for the first time.

It was a wonderful party filled with love for my little boy. He is the biggest blessing in our lives and he lights up every moment. He is lucky to have so many people who love him so very much, and we are lucky to have earned his love in return. I know he doesn't officially turn two until 1:22pm on Monday, but I am already getting a little teary over his growing up.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable cake! Don't sweat the parties, lol! Logan had 3 different ones for his 3rd birthday... 3 days in a row. Poor kid (or poor mommy) he started thinking that EVERY DAY was his birthday :P

    ReplyDelete