Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday Wishes


Yay! It's Wednesday again, so it is time for another round of wishes. I have decided that today's wishes are all going to be blasts from the past. You know, things I wanted earlier in my life.

1. I always wished that I could be the person who got to decorate T.G.I. Fridays. It seemed like the coolest job ever to go out and look for exciting junk and then use it to decorate an entire restaurant. The possibilities seemed endless.


source
In junior high I was sure that my life wouldn't be complete without a pager. You know that you wanted one too. Then, one Christmas my wish came true and I got one. The only problem was, you had to be near an actual phone to answer those urgent 911 calls from a friend. I thought it was a big old pain and so the pager phase didn't last long.



source

3. A glowworm...sleep would have been sweeter with this lovely

4. I wanted to go to Penn State so bad when I was in junior high. My family lives in PA, though nowhere near Penn State. I changed my mind about this one as I got older and didn't want to leave my friends and family.


source unknown

5. When I was in my early 20's I wanted to be a part of the animal liberation movement. It doesn't seem like a possibility right now because I have a young child that I can't bear to be away from. This could cause a problem if I had to do a stint of jail time. Soooo, maybe when I am 50 or 60?


What were your wishes from childhood/adolescence?
Happy Wednesday!
Be sure to check out Courtney, Kellie, and Liz's blogs for their wishes.

2 comments:

  1. Just a little p.s. that the glowworm show was on right after My little Pony's...I'll have to keep a lookout for a glow worn at the thrift stores to send you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved glowworms too, but only had the small plastic figurines, not the nice plush one to sleep with! Do you remember popples? You could turn them into a ball?! I wish those would come back too!

    ReplyDelete