Sunday, February 28, 2010

Eternal Sunshine



Up until a few nights ago, I hadn't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I should have known it was going to be good...I love Being John Malkovich which is also by Charlie Kaufman. I decided to watch it this week as a part of a goal to watch a movie starting with each letter of the alphabet. Since they have to be movies I haven't seen, I settled on Eternal Sunshine.


I LOVED it. I loved the dialogue, the imagery, I loved that the love couldn't be broken.


Any other good movie suggestions out there? I have recently watched Amelie (beautiful), Dark Knight (forgettable, except for Heath Ledger), Phoebe in Wonderland (so-so), The Lovely Bones (based on one of my top three favorite books. Very different, but I was enamored of it), and Slumdog Millionaire (inspirational).


Let me know of anything you think would be good.

3 comments:

  1. i just finally watched that movie as well! i really enjoyed enjoyed it as well. some other ones you might like.....
    -I heart Huckabees (I'm in the midst of watching it, I kinda like it though!)
    -Everything is Illuminated (an interesting but kinda sad film)
    -The Fall (also sad, but the imagery is amazing!!!!)
    -The Brothers Bloom (I LOVE this movie)
    -Happenstance (same girl from Amelie!)

    If you see any of them, let me know what you think!!! :)
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just requested Everything is Illuminated and The Brothers Bloom from my library :)

    I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete