Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crafties and A Day Well Spent

It feels like it has been forever since I wrote a real blog. We have all been sick, what else is new right? :) John is pretty much better, but Josh and I have had some lingering sinus issues, so our house has been less full of adventure lately.

We did have a pretty great day today. We went to Barnes and Noble so John could play with the trains while I looked at some toddler parenting books. Up until now I have been able to discipline John pretty intuitively. He has been SUCH an easy kid. The last few days though, have been rough. He has been throwing temper tantrums and hitting when he gets upset. These are really typical behaviors, or so I have been told, but I want him to know that they need to stop. As I write this it seems like it should be really easy, but when it is happening I feel pretty powerless and I don't know exactly what to say or do. Since I am a firm believer in no spanking, I have to find some positive discipline tactics. I got a book by William Sears, who I think provides great information on a broad range of topics. I also got a book called The Everything Toddler Activites Book. I think it will have some awesome ideas for when we are cooped up over the summer.
Anyway, seeing John play with the trains inspired us to get his train tracks set up properly.

He was pretty thrilled...





Josh was pretty excited to play with them as well.



Also, here are some of the latest crafts I have been working on...

I sewed these little felt hearts into a garland for our door.


The big ones all have different details, but it was difficult to get a clear picture.



We made these suncatchers out of wax paper and crayons. John and I both like the way they turned out :)






I made this felt birthday hat so that our family can wear it on our birthdays. I like that we will have a tradition, which I think is incredibly fun and important.

And...I made some birthday cards for Happy Mail folks. There are six or seven of them, but I only took pictures of a few. They are pretty much all the same, just in different colors

No comments:

Post a Comment