Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Countdown v1


Today was the first day of our Advent Celebration. Above is a picture of the start of our advent "countdown" calendar. It doesn't have any numbers yet, I just didn't have the time, so this is the basics. He will go in order, starting from the bottom left, and draw one card per day.

Today's card...


I put a little basket of ornaments out for him to place on the tree. He was so sweet about it, studying each one. Then he put them all on the same two or three branches :) He was very attentive to decorating until he came to an ornament that lit up. After that he abandoned decorating and just started searching all of the ornaments until he found ones that lit up or made noise. He confiscated each of those and told me that he was going to take care of them :)
The finished tree...minus the topper. My dad said we have to wait until Josh gets home because decorating the tree is a family job and he has to be a part of the finishing touch. Sometimes my dad melts my heart a little.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe...my mom has those same little bean bag reindeer. I love when we have the same things. While I can't believe your tree is up already it does look great. (I have a hard time accepting anything holiday prior to december!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tree! I LOVE the advent calendar!! You are so creative!! PS, I LOVE his hair!! It is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete