Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am back, for real this time :)

It has been a strange few weeks around my house. Things were kind of gloomy and there didn't seem to be a real reason for it. I have been struggling with guilt and motivation and just generally feeling blue. It is so nice to really feel like the cloud has lifted. I have a sense of direction and right now I am just riding the wave wherever it may take me. I think if there is anything that has been really reiterated over these last few weeks it is that motherhood changes daily, hourly even. Some days I feel like I am doing everything right, and other times it feels like I am destined to mess this kid up no matter what I do.

I think one of the reasons that I am feeling happier is that I had a little bit of a revelation about my son and our lives. Lately I have been running around with him all of the time. We are always doing some activity or running some errand. He has really been fighting me about going almost anywhere in the car. Temper tantrums and even him hitting a little have become way to frequent. It sound simple, but I realized that he doesn't want to have a schedule of running around all the time, even if I think it is fun stuff. For two days we have been just hanging at home, for the most part, and the tantrums have been so much less frequent. It is nice to go with an instinct and feel like it is the right one, at least for the moment.

Anyway, here is a little look at some of the things we have been up to for the last few days

Josh got John a bike at Goodwill.
It is hard to tell, but he chopped it all up so it would be short enough to act as a balance bike.

John thinks it is pretty awesome that he can "ride" his own big bike.

My sister set up the most trashy slip and slide ever. She used dishsoap to make some tarps slippery. John didn't really like it, but I think it is hilarious!

We have really really been enjoying some cooler temps at night. It is still pretty warm, but for us Arizonians it is a big improvement.

We finally got John's gator going. We were reluctant to let him have a motorized toy, but it is clearly worth it. He is absolutely in heaven.

We did some glitter art today to make cards for a birthday.

Holy messy glitter hands. His whole body was covered and that stuff is nearly impossible to get off.

I had to bribe him with a cookie to stand still long enough for me to take a picture :)

Working on the car with dad. He got a little wrench and started working on some object in the engine compartment. When I told him it was time to go in and take a bath he said, "not right now mom, I'm working on engine stuff."

My two boys make my stomach do happy somersaults.

Having some pappy time. Look at how he is clasping his little hands together in concentration.

I hope you are all doing well
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy your back and I am even happier that you are happy.
    I missed reading your blog regulary (and I swear your kiddo is even bigger now! woah.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stress reliever to just -stay home- sometimes right? Now you see why I never leave? No, really, if I do something special and cool with them a couple times a month rather than every other day it makes so much more of an impact. It becomes something they REMEMBER, versus days that just blur together.

    Even being home, don't over schedule him. A little meditation time will work wonders! Mine love puzzle/coloring book time without the TV frying their brains :D

    ReplyDelete