I haven't really made any "goals" for 2011. However, I have really been thinking about what I would like to see happen in 2011. Not really specific actions that I have a set path to accomplish, more like destinations that I hope to reach by some path or another. I don't know if that really makes sense, but I know that it all feels different and less structured than the resolutions that I usually make and forget two weeks later.
Here are a few...
1. I hope that my Waldorf ideas really start to pull themselves together and that when Johns turns three, or somewhere thereabouts, we have a rhythm set up to help him thrive and grow. That isn't to say that I want to put off his success until March :) Just that I want Waldorf to be a real, essential part of our lives by then. The good news is that I have his whole time with me to grow and learn along with him.
2. I hope that this group of mama friends I have recently connected with becomes a strong support system for both John and I. These are woman who have so much to teach and share and I just think they are wonderful people. I am so thankful that we are going to be gathering on a regular basis for full moon celebrations and other gatherings to celebrate this world.
Plus, look how much fun my little man has with the other kids :) He's the one with the vagrant hair if you couldn't tell.
3. Along the same note, I hope that I continue to keep in touch and evolve friendships with the other amazing people I met in 2010. It seems like I have known some of you forever (Rikki, Courtney) and I just feel so much more full since I have you in my life.
4. This one is a little more concrete...I hope that Josh gets his next promotion and that we can get our own place again. I have been longing to have a place to put things and to have a sanctuary to teach and create in. I love living with my dad and I will be forever grateful, but we are ready for the next step.
5. I hope that I can continue to build this inner peace. I saw snippets of it in 2010. I did better in 2010 than in many of the years prior, which is funny because we lost so very much. The good ews is that we gained so much more than we lost, and I hope we can continue along that road.
6. The most important one...I hope that my family stays healthy and that we continue to love each other in the fiercest way possible. We have bumps in the road, but in the end these two boys are the most real gifts this universe has ever given to me and I hope that I can continue to treat them as such for the rest of our lives.
So...that's my 2011 in a nutshell :)